Sr Strategy & Planning Associate
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Do you live and breathe to turn raw data into meaningful business information? Then let’s talk.
The UberEverything Strategy and Planning Sr Associate will champion high priority projects across South-West Region. Based in San Francisco, this role will help design, prioritize, and implement projects to help this rapidly expanding business scale. We’re looking for someone who can set a vision and can solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details.
As a partner to our General Managers, you will help support strategic decision making processes throughout the region through your analytics, heavy data driven approach, and operational mindset. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions to drive growth of the UberEverything business
- Working closely with other members of the Uber team, measure the impact and efficiency of new features and business processes
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help innovate new processes to enhance productivity of our local teams
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts
- Be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting city teams across the country. You’ll be THE go to person for many key initiatives
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 4-6+ years of strategy consulting / investment banking / business intelligence or related experience is strongly preferred.
- MBA from a top program a plus
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- Undergraduate degree from top-tier university. MBA highly preferred.
- SQL Proficiency strongly preferred.
- Ground floor opportunity to shape a nascent, rapidly expanding product and organization
- Shape the cities in which we live. We’re not just another app, we’re moving real assets and are reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, highly-driven co-workers and a fun, relaxed office environment
- Health & Dental benefits; Uber credits; monthly gym reimbursement
- Full-time salary negotiable, based on experience
- Equity compensation plan
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top