Sr Strategy & Planning Analyst
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Do you live and breathe to turn raw data into meaningful business information? Then let's talk.
The Strategy and Planning Analyst will champion high priority projects. This role will help design, prioritize, and implement projects to help this fast growing region scale. Leveraging operational and analytical experience from challenging environments in the past, this role will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We're looking for someone who can set a vision and can solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions in order to optimize our regional business
- Working closely with other members of the Uber team, measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local teams as efficient as possible
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts
- Be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting city teams across the country. You'll be THE go to person for many key initiatives
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- BS from top university.
- SQL Proficiency strongly preferred.
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top