Sr Software Engineer (Frontend) - Rider, Bangalore
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
- You have minimum 7+ years of experience as a software developer.
- You have a strong understanding of HTTP, HTML, CSS, Web APIs and other core Web technology concepts
- You are knowledgeable in modern web tools (NPM/Yarn, Babel, Browserify/Webpack/Rollup, etc.)
- You are knowledgeable in modern web frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- You are an expert in core and emerging web technologies and APIs (HTTP2, TCP/IP, CSS/HTML, Browser JS APIs)
- You have deep understanding of Web and Information Security concepts and concerns, such as CORS, CSP, CSRF, XSS, etc.
- You are an expert in debugging and profiling Browsers and Node.js, and understand ways to decrease page load speed and runtime slowdowns
- You are adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
- You are excited to learn from and teach others and are passionate about creating tools, products and providing support for your fellow engineers
Bonus points if
- You are knowledgeable in data access/modeling (GraphQL/Falcor, RPC/Thrift)
- You are knowledgeable in WebSockets, Server Sent Events, or HTTP/2 Server Push
- You are familiar with service-oriented architecture, microservices, and distributed systems
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top