Sr Software Engineer - Fraud Tools
Uber’s Fraud Engineering team owns a highly complex fraud detection system that leverages big data analytics, advanced machine learning and anomaly detection techniques to help prevent fraud in real time with an automated systematic approach.
At the Fraud Tools team, we build platforms, web-apps and services that enforce fraud policies and help make our complex fraud decisions better, more transparent and accessible to other services and internal teams. In other words, we build tools and services to identify and catch fraud in our systems and make sure that our systems are smarter than the bad guys.
We are a small group of engineers that enjoy solving challenging problems in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and adaptable engineers with 4+ years of front-end, backend or full-stack experience to join our team.
Our tech stack is very diverse, mainly Node.js (with React+Flux, Redux, D3, and Mapbox) for Web apps, Python/Go/Java for backend services, and a host of other open source/in-house libraries, frameworks and technologies. See here and here to learn more around the tech stack at Uber.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated coworkers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top