Sr Software Engineer (Data Platform)- AdTech- Bangalore
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
If you are interested in making a direct impact to the company's bottom line, join the Ad Tech team. Uber spends a significant amount on our ad and marketing efforts which can be optimized significantly and directly speed up the company's path to profitability. Help us build the software systems that will make this happen. The team is in its early stages, so you can drive products from inception to adoption and further iterations.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Work on systems to track and report on ad spend ROI.
- Build systems to automate ad operations.
- Build and work with real-time/batch data pipelines that track and attribute ad spend to actions that Uber users take (e.g. take rides, eats orders, etc.).
- Build systems that detect ad fraud and help us eliminate malicious or fraudulent ad networks.
- Build systems that increase our organic traffic (SEO and content).
- Work on systems that will use advanced machine learning techniques to optimize spend within different channels
- Build systems that will help us target the right kind of potential users out there in the world who haven't tried Uber yet. This involves working with datasets that are world population scale (billions of rows).
What You'll Need
- 6+ years experience
- Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Java, Python, and Scala.
- Big data: Experience with Distributed systems such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Vertica is preferred.
- Data pipeline: Strong understanding in SQL, Database. Experience in building data pipelines is a great plus. Love getting your hands dirty with the data implementing custom ETLs to shape it into information.
- A team player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen: You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
About the Team
The Ad Tech team is relatively new to the Uber ecosystem, but we are a bunch of engineers that are passionate about helping Uber grow by efficiently spending our marketing dollars to get the right message to millions of future riders and drivers
Back to top