Sr Software Engineer - Data Engineering - Real-Time Data Infrastructure
We are looking for talented & motivated engineers to help build the real-time data infrastructure that will power Uber, as we move real people and things in 300+ cities around the world. You will help build real-time event processing systems based on Storm, Samza and Spark Streaming to crunch all of Uber’s data and make it available in real-time to power client applications, dashboards and decision-making.
You will scale and maintain a Kafka messaging infrastructure handling hundreds of thousands of messages per second and billions of messages per day, an infrastructure that serves as the high-speed nervous system of the company. You will work with other data teams leveraging Hadoop, Spark and other data technologies to process and store that data, and make it available for analysts and data scientists to derive new, actionable insights into the business. Your team will be one of world-class talent, assembled from the very best of the industry, all focused on building generalized, scalable, accessible and fault-tolerant solutions that will enable Uber’s continued growth and expansion.
Does this sound like you? Are you a proven team-player and problem solver? Then let’s talk.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong engineering background, ideally experienced with large scale data/distributed systems
- Familiarity with Storm, Samza, Spark Streaming or other streaming data technologies
- Experience with Kafka/Flume/Scribe is a plus
- Enjoys responsibilities that come with owning critical pieces of infrastructure
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and performance tuning
- Solid foundation in distributed systems concepts
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in Java and/or Scala on *nix
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top