Sr Software Engineer - Backend (Core Ad Platform) Palo Alto
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
If you are the type of engineer who loves creating high leverage systems that enhance efficiency and effectiveness, we'd love to chat with you. We are looking for Senior Engineers who can come and help define the next generation Architecture for Marketing at Uber. If you like billions of rows of data, 10ms response times, and having a multi million dollar impact per engineer, we'd like to hear from you!
What you'll need
- Architecture skills. Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Excellent coding/debugging abilities. You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Python, Scala and Java.
- Big data experience. Experience with Distributed system such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Vertica is preferred.
- Data pipeline understanding. Thorough understanding in SQL, Database. Experience in building data pipeline is nice to have.Love getting into the details with the data implementing custom ETLs to shape it into information.
- To be a fast learner. We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- A team player attitude. You believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements, whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
At Uber we don't just accept difference-we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog on "How Engineering Euclid Transformed Uber Marketing into an Intelligent ROI Business" to learn more about the Adtech Engineering team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top