Sr Software Engineer - Backend (Core Ad Platform)
Here at Uber our mission is to make transportation as reliable as running water. Uber served its 2 billionth trip in June 2016 and we are currently making investments into the systems and infrastructure necessary to support 100+ million trips per day. The key to this strategy is operational excellence through best in class tooling, intelligent technology systems and a bias towards machines making decisions.
The Core Ad Platform (Adtech) team is building the platform and infrastructure for all marketing initiatives at Uber. The team is currently building a Hadoop data platform for ingesting clicks, impression, spend and attribution data for Uber advertising from 170+ channels. We leverage best-in-class machine learning techniques to drive sign-ups and maximize the effectiveness of billion dollar advertising budgets. Join the team if you are interested in building the Uber’s DMP, DSP and next-gen Marketing optimization engine.
If you are the type of engineer who loves creating high leverage systems that maximize efficiency and effectiveness, we’d love to chat with you. We are looking for Senior Engineers who can come and help define the next generation Architecture for Marketing at Uber. If you like billions of rows of data, 10ms response times, having a multi million dollar impact per engineer, you will like working with us.
Be sure to check out the Ad-Tech Engineering Blog on “How Engineering Euclid Transformed Uber Marketing into an Intelligent ROI Business” to learn more about the Adtech Engineering team.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Architecture. Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities. You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Python, Scala and Java.
- Big data. Experience with Distributed system such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Vertica is preferred.
- Data pipeline. Strong understanding in SQL, Database. Experience in building data pipeline is nice to have.Love getting your hands dirty with the data implementing custom ETLs to shape it into information.
- Fast learner. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top