Sr Software Engineer - Artemis / Apollo
The mission of the Dash team is to build the tools and systems that provide actionable intelligence to decision makers at Uber. As a dash engineer, you will help local operations teams, data scientists, regional managers and executives measure and optimize our business. Our focus is on dashboarding, and making sure that it’s simple and fast for both technical and non-technical users to create data dashboards and reports that fuel fast analysis and informed decisions that grow our global marketplace. Dash demands a skillset that blends scalable platform engineering with a keen user and business focus, ensuring that the right products with the right features are put into the hands of Uber employees around the world. You’ll work with the whole gamut of data systems — from industry workhorses like Hadoop, Hive and Vertica to next-generation technology like Spark and proprietary data platforms. Many of our dashboarding projects are on their first generation of development, and you’ll have a direct impact in shaping how they evolve in the future.
Some of the skills we look for:
- Recognize the power of data. You understand the transformative nature a powerful suite of data tools can effect on Uber’s business, both in terms of growth and quality.
- Product sense. You recognize that technology alone is nothing — it has to be user-focused, serving real ground-level needs for a whole range of internal customers.
- Full stack. You can make an impact on both ends of the stack, from building scalable backend systems to working with cutting-edge tools like React to build slick user interfaces.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct, monitored, documented, and tested.
- Team player. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top