Sr Security Engineer - Infrastructure (Self-Driving Vehicles)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Uber's Security teams build technical and organizational controls to protect the information of riders, drivers, and partners. We work to enable the safe deployment of new products and emerging technologies, such as self-driving vehicles. Our ongoing mission is to make every experience with Uber simple, secure, and safe.
We are looking for hands-on security engineers who are passionate about protecting others and finding new ways to build defenses for future technologies.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
- Push beyond traditional boundaries of security technology to create new defenses for large scale production infrastructure, enterprise systems, and cloud services
- Provide subject matter expertise on secure architecture, authentication/authorization, and systems hardening to engineers and program managers
- Perform security assessments of production, corporate, and cloud infrastructure
- Engineer hardening strategies for clients, servers, and networks
- Design new configuration and automation strategies to better detect intrusion and abuse
- Build new services, tools, and frameworks to secure data in a rapidly growing and evolving environment
What you'll need
- Experience with operating systems internals and hardening (Linux, OS X, Windows)
- At least 5+ years hands-on security experience
- A firm grasp of networking protocols and operations
- Competency in programming languages such as Python, Go, C, Java, Bash, PowerShell
- Familiarity with secure cloud architecture
- Thorough understanding of secure authentication/authorization, and directory services
- Passion for building systems that push the bonds of modern day infrastructure security
- Strong communications skills including written and oral
Back to top