Sr. Regional Operations Manager, Safety
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it. For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are looking for a Sr. Regional Operations Manager for Safety based in Mexico City, focused on Spanish-speaking Latin America. You will work closely with internal stakeholders by analyzing, reporting and leading projects, processes, and experiments.
What you'll do
- Safety. Help keep our riders and partners safe while using the Uber platform, leveraging technology, data and product features
- Stakeholder management. Communicate and coordinate with internal stakeholders in Latin America, other regions and HQ to ensure regional priorities are met and to leverage best practices
- Strategy. Decide which projects and areas of the safety puzzle the team should focus on and set a bold timeline to reach those goals
- Analytics. Conduct analysis of our marketplace, rider, and partner behavior to identify and help partners solve problems related to safety
- Product Improvement. Actively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience and increase safety of our platform for both riders and drivers
- Partner Relations. Manage and address problem areas for drivers
- People Leadership. Lead a team of one or more safety regional operations managers
What you'll need
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in trust & safety, risk management or related role is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Data driven decision making mentality and analytical thinking
- Experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Flexibility, initiative, and follow through
- Investment Banking / consulting / business intelligence or related experience
- SQL experience
About the Team
As a member of the Regional team, you will help the strategic decision-making process and support operational excellence throughout the region for the ride sharing business.
See Inside the Office of Uber
Uber is an on-demand car service that’s shaking up transportation systems around the world. By solving some of the world’s biggest problems, Uber hopes to create a future where there is limitless freedom of movement for people and things across the globe. Through passion, optimism, and curiosity for building solutions, the team at Uber strives to learn together, solve together, build together, and ultimately move the world forward together.
Back to top