Sr Regional Operations Manager (Marketplace), UberEats - EMEA
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
On the Uber Eats Regional Operations team, we're helping to scale our most impactful processes and initiatives, support markets, and drive innovation in the business. The Marketplace Operations team is responsible to build the tools and processes to help ensure a "balanced" marketplace for eaters, restaurants and couriers. Activities include (but are not limited to) live-ops monitoring, system settings, fraud and pricing and incentives. You'll drive key KPIs related to eater experience and overall reliability in the marketplace.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Work closely with local operations, product and data science teams to optimize Uber Eats marketplace parameters, develop tools for marketplace management, and standardize operating procedures
- Provide input to the strategy; identifying insights to help build a platform that makes eating well effortless
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in business decision-making
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting at city, regional, and mega-regional levels
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with other city and central operations teams, as well as marketing and product, to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
- Roll out campaigns and initiatives to better support our reliability efforts and improve overall experience on the Uber Eats platform
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 5 years of analytical, operational and/or consulting experience
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get things done attitude
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with diverse set of stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong Excel / data management skills
- SQL proficiency is a big plus
- R and/or python proficiency
- Background in computer science or engineering
Back to top