Sr. / Regional Community Operations Specialist - Ridesharing, Tokyo
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber's rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
Our Regional Community Operations Specialists will be responsible for, but not limited to, revising working processes, overseeing customer service team, handling sensitive escalated issues, and identifying problems and proposing customer obsessions solutions.
What you'll do:
- Manage high-quality customer service processes across multiple platforms
- Work with the regional team to translate global/regional initiatives into policies which will have a positive impact on the local rider and driver community
- Being a representative from Regional Community Operations team to work closely with local City Operations team in Tokyo to ensure exceptional ongoing customer experiences throughout policy and product updates
- Be accountable hands on management during critically escalated rider or driver issues
- Collaborate with Community Operations Specialists in South East and North Asia to take advantage of local insights across the region
- Ensure customer service teams deliver high quality performance
- Patient - You will be a powerful advocate for Uber's users and are obsessed with the community experience.
- Attentive - You will listen to understand and take time to truly figure out what drivers and riders want.
- Able to use 'positive' language - You will create 'We Are Here To Help' perceptions with our drivers and riders.
- Keen to keep your cool - You will stay calm under pressure and can be the rock for those who come to us when they need to be listened or helped.
- Goal-oriented - You will do whatever it takes to achieve the KPIs in providing high quality of Customer Obsession experience towards our drivers and riders.
- Able to close the deal - You will end the communication leaving drivers and riders feel like their issues have been taken care of (or will be).
- Willing to learn - You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Agile - You can move quickly under changes as being on the front-lines of a highly visible, fast-growing brand. You embrace change and can absorb new information with ease.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- High quality communication skills
- Two-year professional experience, preferably in a customer service, customer relations, PR, environments
- Exceptional reading comprehension and writing skills. Must be able to connect what riders or drivers are asking for with answers to their true issues
- Passion for helping others and creating support experiences that exceed users' expectations
- High proficiency using computers and typing skills both English and local dialect
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions
- Skilled at handling multiple issues at once to efficiently solve a large number of inquiries
- Must work well in a team environment, contributing to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of user
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top