Sr Recruiting Lead EMEA
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. And the driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game-changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we need a recruiting leader who demands the same quality of themselves, and of the team they lead.
The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a startup culture.
More about you:
- You've seen scale; having operated in a high-growth environment before, you fundamentally understand the levers which allow for recruiting to scale: team, process, brand, leadership, communication, tools, etc.
- You've had success at scale; a demonstrable track record of success in high growth environments.
- You care about the teams you lead, and about team members' success and development.
- Excited by challenge and undaunted by change, you're a bold doer, who functions well in a direct, high-intensity environment.
- You use numbers to lead your teams, to communicate and partner with the businesses you support, and to make operational decisions.
- Curious about the org and what makes Uber work. Operations is the core of our business, and a solid understanding of that foundation is crucial to success in role.
- Smart and creative, both, you have the ability and persistence to solve problems, big and small. Curious by nature, you're constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- You're hands-on, in the right ways; willing and able to do what's needed, no matter the task.
Fundamentally you'll be tasked with building and developing an amazing team which supports a critical division within Operations, and with leading your team to hit high-reaching hiring targets.
- Partner with leaders to define strategies, priorities, and process improvements.
- Manage hiring manager expectations, and develop processes around sourcing, interviewing and closing.
- Challenge and develop your team to become the best they can be.
- Use data to make decisions, measure quality, and influence.
- Be knowledgeable about our business and able to articulate as well as anyone why people should work here.
- Work closely with other regional recruiting leads to improve upon existing programs and develop innovative strategy around finding top talent.
What you'll need
- Successful experience recruiting in a rapidly changing environment
- History of collaborating successfully with senior managers and business leaders
- Experience working on a variety of roles/levels
- Solid understanding of Uber's vision, business model and operations
- Previous experience leading a small team would be preferred
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart recruiting partnerships happen
- Metrics oriented. You understand and value backing up recruiting goals and projections with existing data (while never compromising the quality of the candidate experience
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Smart, engaged co-workers
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top