Sr Program Manager - Maps Editing Operations
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Uber Map Editing team is laser focused on improving the underlying map technology to make Uber services world class. The team has need for a strong leader to drive large programs within our mapping editing team at our location in Hyderabad, India.
What you'll do:
- Build core map editing processes that enable the construction and management of large multi vendor teams working on map editing activities in a 24x7x365 secure environment
- Manage MSP/BPO relationships to ensure deliverables and SLAs are met, taking corrective action when they are not
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to build map editing forecasts, tracking progress against target
- Establish measurement metrics and methods for tracking work productivity, utilization, and quality
- Establish processes that deliver continuous improvement across all operational activities
- Collaborate and drive initiatives with development teams on feature and function improvements
- Assist in building and maintaining financial budgets
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 8 years experience as a program / project manager driving initiatives across functions, groups, and possibly organizations. Experienced in working with US based teams
- Fiercely detail oriented and accurate
- Not just a team builder, but an amazing team creator who can construct and leverage personal networks effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships. Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Highly organized. Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions with sometimes imperfect data.
- Ability to manage risks and mitigate these across the program
- Results oriented. Detail oriented. Driven. Take initiative without being asked. Creative.
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked at a high paced, fast growing, scrappy tech startup
- Can speak and write >2 languages fluently
- Knowledge of SQL queries, views, report construction
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean methodologies
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top