Sr. Program Manager
We’re looking for a program manager to execute campaign and creative production for a cross-functional marketing team. You will be responsible for end-to-end execution on large scale marketing programs, from strategic planning stages through creative implementation, across all channels.
From design to data, engineering to development, you need to love to get into the weeds with problems to figure out how to break down barriers and drastically increase output. Documentation and creating fun, efficient, scalable systems are your thing. People love working with you because you make everyone’s life easier and always know the status of every project. Last but not least, you love marketing. You agree that marketing is how Uber tells its story and there is no better way to tell our story than through the lense of our millions of individual riders and drivers.
What You’ll Do:
- Project manage various marketing creative projects, across multiple teams of marketing managers, writers, and designers.
- Drive the process to develop quarterly creative campaign plans that span across multiple regions.
- Work closely with cross functional internal teams to build out plans for high visibility projects and programs by identifying requirements, dependencies and building work back schedules to manage to deadlines. Look for connections to other projects and recommend simplification and integration points.
- Estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources accordingly. Track progress, understand dependencies, and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders.
- Work with local teams from around the world to define the right tones in different communication channels. Facilitate feedback from local teams and ensure their feedback is captured, validated, and implemented.
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to balance team expectations, business needs, and resources to ensure correct prioritization of cross-functional work as a project evolves.
- Establish world-class workflows and continuously test and measure improvements.
- Ensure a rapid pace of testing and that learnings are documented, shared, and rolled out.
What You Need:
- Minimum of 6 years experience as a project manager / producer in a consumer-facing software or creative development environment.
- Hands-on experience project managing an initiative from start to finish. Achieves project goals while managing scope, time, quality and risk. Learns from failures as well as successes.
- Familiarity with creative process and an understanding of branding and user centered product design. Enjoys working closely with researchers, writers, and designers.
- Strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions.
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and work across multiple functions and teams.
- High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion.
- Self-motivated and driven. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting
- Employees receive Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top