Sr Product Manager, Real-Time P&L
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What you'll do:
- Your mission is build a real-time financial platform that can provide accurate financial data encompassing all the complexities to make information easily available for Uber leadership.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction; Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to align the team towards a common mission
- Own the success of the projects from inception all the way to deployment
- Manage projects and the roadmap
- Get a deep understanding about the process and data flows involved in order to document and communicate with stakeholders
- Act as Product Owner for your initiatives working to define initiative from idea, through scope and delivery of the product. Own all aspects of delivery while mentoring team members
What we're looking for:
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- Understanding of data science, experience with building data science platforms is strongly desired.
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished
- Stellar design instincts and product taste
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Extremely strong technical skills
- Understanding of Financial systems is preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Gym reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top