Sr Product Manager, Real-Time P&L
Uber Technologies, only six years old, is quickly expanding across the globe with a presence in 80+ countries at the moment. We are looking to establish a world class organization – inherent in this task is building the infrastructure to support our continued growth.
We are looking to add a Sr Product Manager to build a platform to enable us to generate financial data real time. In this position, you will get an amazing opportunity to play a critical role in building products ground up. We’re looking for candidates with strong backgrounds in Product management, Technology, Design, Finance, and who can work closely manage work across engineers, product managers, data scientists to help implement products.
So if you’re ready to go deep, working on a rewarding set of challenges and work with the most exciting people on earth then read on and please get in touch with us!
What you’ll do:
- Your mission is build a real-time financial platform that can provide accurate financial data encompassing all the complexities to make information easily available for Uber leadership.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction; Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to align the team towards a common mission
- Own the success of the projects from inception all the way to deployment
- Manage projects and the roadmap
- Get a deep understanding about the process and data flows involved in order to document and communicate with stakeholders
- Act as Product Owner for your initiatives working to define initiative from idea, through scope and delivery of the product. Own all aspects of delivery while mentoring team members
What we’re looking for:
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- Understanding of data science, experience with building data science platforms is strongly desired.
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Stellar design instincts and product taste
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Extremely strong technical skills
- Understanding of Financial systems is preferred
- Employees receive Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity within a small but rapidly growing team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in an office environment who work hard but know how to have fun
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top