Sr. Product Manager - Internal Tools
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
We are looking for an exceptional product manager with broad experience to build game changing internal tools for Uber employees. Our mission is to enhance Uber's corporate speed, reliability and worker happiness by building tools, integrations and platforms for internal use.
This role demands real passion for the customer, technical depth, principled thinking, product judgment from deep experience, a knack for unblocking progress and a high design bar that always starts with the customer.
What You'll Do
- Engage with builders to craft inspiring and highly useful tools for employees.
- Internalize Uber's mission and strategic priorities to create goals for your team.
- Envision and set a course for your team to keep a high level of team energy.
- Continually measure progress to ensure maximum impact and learning.
- Deeply understand the mechanics of valuable use and high satisfaction with our tools.
- Build strong rapport with Uber-internal and marketplace operations stakeholders.
- Partner with external technology providers to license or reuse critical building blocks.
- Find our truth by leveraging raw data and customer feedback to inform product direction.
- Continually learn and improve by soliciting critical feedback on everything we build.
- Generate broad awareness of new product features and solidify trust in Uber's tools.
What You'll Need
- At least five years of experience driving delivery of platform-oriented products
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering equivalent
- Experience using agile to deliver products and protect developer time
- Excellent understanding of integration, web application and data technical domains
- Experience using data to remove ambiguity and elevate confidence in decision making
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Extremely detail oriented, happily sacrificing quantity for quality
- Habitual initiator; as a servant-oriented leader, persevering when others give up
- Demonstrated passion for Uber's mission and hybrid technology / operations nature
- Unquenchable appetite for growing and learning; always sharing with others
Back to top