Sr Operations Manager, Uber Eats - Tokyo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role
With UberEATS, we're building Uber's newest and fastest growing business, spanning 180+ cities across all six continents in two years. Today, UberEATS is available across many parts of Asia including Seoul, Tokyo, Taipei, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Mumbai and Bangalore -- and we're just getting started.
Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to help grow one of Uber's newest and fastest growing services in Japan. This role involves providing flawless customer service through consulting key accounts on everything from onboarding to account management. It requires a unique combination of team leadership, relationship-building, analytical ability, and process architecting. You will work with the Uber Eats operations team as well as with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams to drive a step-change evolution in the Uber Eats business.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
- Oversee the account management team for the Uber Eats business in Japan, develop mentorship and training programs for team members
- Define day-to-day contact plans for assigned restaurant partnership accounts, attend to urgent partner inquiries, and conduct scheduled touch point meetings and account reviews
- Help design processes to enhance efficiency and expansion. Ensure the right balance between creating localized vs. centrally developed processes
- Utilise account management tools to stay in close communication with restaurant partners and incorporate feedback into process improvements on the ground
- Structure experiments and conduct analysis to develop optimal restaurant mix
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 6 years of account management, customer service, operations and/or consulting experience
- Proven experience in leading and developing small teams
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Data-driven decision making and sound business judgement through analytical thinking
- Bilingual Japanese and English working proficiency
About the team
Uber Eats globally is pioneering how to deliver the best of your city right when you want it. Our team has taken the idea of food delivery and developed a world class service using data and institutional knowledge. Our Operations team works with restaurant partners in each of our cities to provide our customers with a seamless and enjoyable experience. While internally, our team collaborates closely with others across the region as well as the globe, to ensure we are building a product that is consistently efficient and enjoyable.
Back to top