Sr Operations & Logistics Manager - Philippines
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Senior Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on the different cities in the Philippines, through the growth and optimization of the driver and rider population on Uber's platform. This is a critical role as it is responsible for improving both the rider and driver experiences, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes with all users of the Uber platform. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and social ability to maintain relationships with users.
This person will lead and handle people, while working closely with big data to monitor user behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where riders need them, and when riders need them, at all times.
What You'll Do
- Leadership. Lead a team of passionate and talented individuals who are responsible for the reliable and user-obsessed operations of Uber in the Philippines
- Project Management. Organize and mobilize complex tasks in order to achieve project and business goals across both local and global stakeholders
- Analytics. Utilize driver data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs.
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with bold timelines for completion.
- Product Improvement. Actively search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience.
- Partner Relations. Manage user relationships, identify and pursue problem areas for drivers and riders.
- User Support. Manage and scale customer solution processes to address the the day-to-day issues of thousands of users on our system.
- Hustle and Passion. Take ownership of Uber's growth in the Philippines do what it takes to get the job done
What You'll Need
- Demonstrated leadership of leading initiatives and projects at your organization
- At least 6 years in Strategy Consulting, Operations Management, Accounting, Banking or similar background with deep experience in using data to drive business decisions
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Statistics or similar field
- Excellent Excel/Google Sheets skills, SQL skills preferred though not required. Other coding skills are useful as well
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) approach
About the Team
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
Back to top