Sr Operations & Logistics Manager
The Senior Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help drive growth as a team lead for City Operations. This role calls for a rare combination of strategic planning, savvy analytics, and the interpersonal ability to manage and lead a team of Operations & Logistics Managers.
This is an intense business side startup role that will work closely with the General Manager and other key stakeholders to continue driving rapid growth of Uber in the Region. The Senior Operations Manager will create strong relationships with functional teams to implement and advise on strategic initiatives that include business growth, product innovation, process improvements, compliance, etc.
You will work with other Senior Operations Managers and General Managers in Mexico to align efforts and drive growth across the region.
The city teams at Uber are built upon three components: Partner Operations, Marketing, and Community Operations (support). As the Senior Operations & Logistics Manager, you'll be interacting closely with both the Marketing and Community Operations leads to set the strategic direction of your city.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead and empower a team of Operations Managers to grow the market
- Work with the General Manager and other team leads to outline the strategic direction of the business
- Analyze the marketplace efficiency of the northwest market
- Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Continue to hire and build the operations team
- Work closely with Senior Marketing Managers and Community Operations on strategic initiatives
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Minimum 4+ years of operations management experience
- Minimum 2+ years of operational people management, preferably in a start up capacity
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly
- Hustler - You have no problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the higher-level thinking
- A leader - You lead by example and have experience empowering a team to execute under pressure and tight deadlines
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get things done attitude
- High Emotional IQ – You deal with partners, influencers, and riders with no problem
- Flexible and forward thinking - We need someone sharp and eager to play with different models to help us scale
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey-badger
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you, including family and friends, are using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers with whom to collaborate in an exciting and diverse office environment.
- Paid company holidays, gym reimbursement
- Medical package to fit your needs
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top