Sr. Network Engineer
Urban transportation has looked the same for a long time – a really long time. We think it’s time for change. At Uber, we’re putting first-class, on-demand transportation at everyone’s fingertips. Are you ready to help us change the world?
Uber’s corporate network engineering team is responsible for operating a broad reaching, high performing internal network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. The sustained growth of our network generates a constant stream of challenges which will require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Design, Build and operate the network that enables rapid scaling and growth around the globe
- Participate in long range strategic and operational planning for the full network stack
- Build capabilities for monitoring, alerting, automation, and self healing networks
- Build adaptive network security capabilities that protect valuable company data and drive accountability and transparency in daily operations
- Identify opportunities for business enablement through smart use of technology
- Provide architectural and engineering leadership, define and implement strategies to ensure scalability, availability, and functionality
- Evaluate and recommend new software platforms and services
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Strong Routing/Switching knowledge, Juniper (required), Cisco, Meraki.
- Familiarity with deploying and managing networks in a Cloud heavy environment company
- Strong architectural chops and a passion for building what will become one of the largest, most dynamic corporate networks on the planet
- Extensive experience at all layers of the network from physical to application aware firewalls
- Bachelor of Science in Computers or Business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years Information Technology operations experience
- Experience in architecting and building large scale technology solutions
- Experience in supporting 24×7 global teams
- Strong skills in process, documentation, and change management
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top