Sr. Marketing Manager Uber Eats - Costa Rica
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Senior Marketing Manager will lead and oversee all rider marketing practices for one of Uber's cities. The role calls for a combination of strategic planning and analytics, business development, marketing, and leadership. The right candidate should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves managing and developing a team, and be able to thrive in a startup culture.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be a key strategic role in crafting the marketing strategy for the country and sub-region.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Lead and empower a team of Marketing Managers to run and grow the Uber Eats operations
- Insight led Strategy: Build our marketing strategy around customer insights, drawing inspiration and data from varied sources and integrating them creatively
- Informing Promotional Spend Decisions: Act as a thought partner to the General Manager concerning decisions on how to best deploy the promotion budget in order to accelerate market penetration and market share capture
- Opportunity Identification: Quantify everything you do by leveraging data, conducting analysis and experimentation to identify highest value opportunities for communication channels to users and driver partners
- Campaign Planning & Prioritization: Structure communications in a milestone- vs. time-based fashion, meaning that this is less about a plug-and-play communications strategy and more about targeted outreach based on need and opportunity
- New Communication Channels: Help develop channel efficiency and effectiveness for our campaigns to maximize impact and growth
- Content Crafting: Lead our copywriting process ensuring our messaging reflects our brand, our quality and our values
- Accelerate our path to a market leadership position
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communication
- Minimum 6 years of digital marketing, user analytics, and/or consulting experience in a fast paced environment but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Experience creating agency briefs and business cases
- Expertise around new communications mediums like social, email and newsletter marketing, etc.
- Experience making data-driven strategic marketing decisions using funnel tracking, A/B testing, and other analytical tools
- An eye for design, and comfort wielding tools like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong written communication skills and ability to craft a brand voice
- Fluent Communication in English and Spanish
- Intermediate skills in SQL
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and a willingness to adopt a generalist mindset
- Growth hacking - knowing how to meticulously unpack the key levers for growing a business through keen analysis and scientific experimentation
- Passion for Uber's mission
About the Team
Uber Eats connects millions of hungry people to tens of thousands of incredible restaurants with the help of delivery partners, and we're just starting to change the perception of where, when, and how people think about ordering food today
Back to top