Sr Marketing Manager - Rio de Janeiro Operations
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
As a Senior Marketing Manager for Rio de Janeiro you will be the voice for our brand across your city. You'll do this by localizing and activating campaigns, running city specific partnerships (e.g. local businesses) and supporting local roll outs across all our customers. This role requires excellent campaign / project management skills and business development / partnership skills.
We are looking for someone to develop strategies to acquire new users and manage and analyze interactions with them throughout the customer lifecycle and help us attract, engage, and retain them.
This specialized Operations role requires a combination of marketing savvy (campaign design & execution and channel optimization) and technical skills (data & statistical analysis, experiment design & execution). This includes user mapping and segmentation, designing and executing communications, developing projects, processes, and marketing campaigns/ experiments driven by a deep understanding of data.
What You'll Do
- Planning/Forecasting -- Strategic planner who can determine priorities, forecast potential impact, and structure a quarterly marketing plan
- Analytics Savvy -- Ability to measure impact of marketing campaigns, set-up and recap experiments, and understand specific marketing metrics to track
- Execution Oriented -- Planned and executed on large scale advertising campaigns (OOH, TV, etc.) AND/OR marketing/promotional campaigns
- Business Development / Partnerships — negotiated and executed large scale partnerships with external parties (events, sports, venues, organizations, etc)
- Project Manage Marketing Campaigns -- Comfortable managing up and cross functionally (has the ability to evaluate/decide to opt in or out of campaigns from HQ)
- Solution-oriented -- finds their own answers to a problem
- Growth-hacker -- can devise creative ways to grow
- Gather and analyze data to inform key business decisions pertaining to the customer acquisition and journey.
- Determine areas of opportunity, design and execute experiments, and present data-driven recommendations that improve current marketing and business practices in order to drive customer acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Track and report on Performance KPIs across all acquisition channels to optimise ROI, including highlighting potential investment tradeoffs between all CPA-based activities (Paid Marketing, Partnerships, Referrals, Promotions).
- Develop, launch and track high-impact integrated campaigns across digital, offline above the line and below the line channels.
- Clever phrases and creative concepts aren't all you care about. You're passionate about developing content strategy, determining message hierarchies, and developing user experiences that communicate exactly the right message to the right person at the right time.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the local and regional Marketing and Ops groups to ensure successful execution of marketing programs as one team
- The position demands strong analytical, planning and multi-tasking skills to achieve business objectives, as well as a keen marketing sense to maximize resonance with target audiences.
What You'll Need
- At least 6 years in marketing and/or advertising role
- Bachelor's degree — ideally in marketing, communications or business
- Proven ability to execute large scale partnerships and campaigns
- Previous experience managing a team is a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement
At Uber we don't just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top