Sr Marketing Manager- Desert
The Senior Marketing Manager will implement and advise on strategic initiatives that span large strategic partnerships, product positioning, campaign management and performance marketing across Arizona and New Mexico.
You will work with other Senior Marketing Managers along the West Coast to align efforts and drive growth across the region, and will liaise with counterparts on Brand, Design, Product, Policy, Communications and other teams to communicate internal innovations to external audiences.
This role will be a key member of the Desert management team, reporting directly to the General Manager and influencing the strategic direction for the region, and calls for a rare combination of strategic planning, storytelling, stakeholder management, production, and leadership.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Management and leadership. Lead and develop a team of Marketing Managers to execute on marketing strategies and drive innovation. Set goals for the team and individual contributors; coach the team through hyper-growth.
- Strategic planning. Proactively plan, develop, and test digital marketing strategies that align with company goals; set and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. Be a key driver of marketing strategy, by thinking beyond immediate analysis to understand long term implications of actions.
- Analysis. Utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing efforts. Ensure teams understand the value of all of our marketing channels – on both drivers and riders – to prioritize initiatives based on highest potential impact.
- Processes. Setting up internal processes and guide a team of Marketing Managers to successful completion of company and city objectives.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 5-8 years of marketing and partnerships experience, preferably in a performance marketing and/or analytical environment. At least 3 years of people management experience.
- Hustle – Uber moves fast, and runs lean. It’s a marathon at sprint pace.
- Incredible verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to take complex systems and share them through a simple and intuitive message.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing a multi-faceted marketing team, both in acquisition and engagement.
- Experience with marketing concepts like product positioning, brand strategy and user lifecycle + retention.
- A refined understanding of how marketing, creative, planning, media, technology and analytics integrate.
- Experience making data-driven marketing and sales decisions using surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, etc.
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly.
- MBA preferred
YOU MUST BE:
- A Leader. Able to work with a team to inspire them to take on new challenges daily.
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You’ll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- A Big Thinker: Your vision will help shape the future of Uber’s marketing in AZ and NM, so you need to have one and know how to make it reality.
- Creative. You’re always thinking of fresh ideas to acquire and engage new users and promote the brand.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top