Sr Manager, IT Infrastructure
Urban transportation has looked the same for a long time – a really long time. We think it’s time for change. At Uber, we’re putting first-class, on-demand transportation at everyone’s fingertips. Are you ready to help us change the world?
The Uber IT team is looking for an Infrastructure leader, who will report directly to the head of IT. As the Sr manager of the Infrastructure team, you will lead the team responsible for Corporate Networks & Systems, AV, and Endpoint Security worldwide. This position is highly visible and requires interfacing with all levels of the company. As a team leader you will need to understand Uber’s business goals, growth plans and future direction and drive implementation while developing excellent partnerships with the business leaders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a technical team responsible for the planning, implementation, and operations of networks, AV, endpoint security and Infrastructure systems
- Develop and implement guidelines for the deployment and management of networks, configuration management, asset management, and performance monitoring
- Provide architectural and engineering leadership, define and implement strategies to ensure system scalability, and availability
- Provides technical leadership for the design, and deployment of IT Operations
- Develop industry leading monitoring and reporting systems and provide transparency into day to day operations and performance
- Negotiate with strategic business partners to define service offerings, service level agreements, operational integration and handoffs, and cross team processes
- Mentor and develop Uber Corporate IT team members
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Experience of operating within a extremely fast growing global IT organization with a proven ability to deliver against initiatives.
- 10+ years Information Technology operations and management experience
- Experience in architecting and building large scale network technology solutions
- Experience in supporting 24×7 global teams
- Experience building new offices in all parts of the world
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent leadership and mentorship skills
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Delicious lunches
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Unlimited vacation policy so you can work hard and take time when you need it
- Competitive salary
- Equity compensation plan
- Bonus plan
- Generous medical, dental and vision coverage to fit your needs
- Gym reimbursement
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top