Sr Law Enforcement Response Specialist
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Law Enforcement Response Team (LERT) at Uber receives requests for user data from law enforcement agencies around the globe every hour of every day. Some of those requests involve exigent circumstances which require an immediate response.
Every request Uber receives by law enforcement must be checked for legal compliance by LERT to ensure it follows our strict processes on how to handle these requests. Once reviewed for legal compliance and satisfied that the request is lawful, LERT produces only that data specific to law enforcement's request.
LERT at Uber is seeking a passionate, highly-motivated, detail-oriented person to oversee a team of LERT Specialists processing requests from law enforcement for user data. The LERT Lead must have excellent judgement, work well under pressure, prioritize effectively, and work collaboratively with multiple regional teams and HQ in San Francisco.
Role and Key Responsibilities of LERT Lead for India Region
- Ensure that the team follows company policies and procedures in responding to requests from law enforcement in a timely manner.
- Manage escalations quickly and appropriately.
- Identify issues/roadblocks, consider solutions, consult stakeholders, and follow implementation procedures.
- Provide constructive support and clear guidance to LERT Specialists.
- Foster a supportive and collaborative environment for teamwork.
- Work closely with regional stakeholders to build trust.
- Must have a reading, writing and conversational fluency in English. Proficiency in additional local languages is a plus.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have high level of comfort interacting with law enforcement while maintaining highest level of professionalism.
- Must work with careful attention to detail.
- Must be willing and able to participate in rotational on-call duty.
- Must have working proficiency with office systems and applications (MS Office, Google Docs/Sheets/Slides, Salesforce, ZenDesk, JIRA, etc.)
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top