Sr Law Enforcement Response Specialist
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Law Enforcement Response Team (LERT) at Uber receives requests for user data from law enforcement agencies around the globe every hour of every day. Some of those requests involve exigent circumstances which require an immediate response. Every request Uber receives by law enforcement must be checked for legal compliance by LERT to ensure it follows our strict processes on how to handle these requests. Once reviewed for legal compliance and satisfied that the request is lawful, LERT produces only that data specific to law enforcement's request. LERT at Uber is seeking a passionate, highly-motivated, detail-oriented person to oversee a team of LERT Specialists processing requests from law enforcement for user data. The LERT Lead must have excellent judgement, work well under pressure, prioritize effectively and work collaboratively with multiple regional teams and HQ in San Francisco.What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Ensure that the team follows local government and Uber regulations in responding to requests from law enforcement in a timely manner
- Manage emergencies quickly and appropriately
- Create operating procedures for all first time use requests
- Act as a product manager to continually automate operational tasks
- Provide constructive support and clear guidance to LERT triage team
- Work closely with regional law enforcement agencies to build trust
- Work closely with legal team on non-standard data requests
- Work closely with business stakeholders to educate and collaborate on the LERT processes
What You'll Need
- Experience in managing operations teams and projects. Legal experience is a plus
- Fluency in reading, writing and conversational English. Proficiency in additional local languages is a plus
- Be comfortable working in high pressure and rapidly evolving environment
- Be willing to attend to emergency requests outside working hours
About the Team
Every region has their own LERT team that work very closely to support each other round the clock. This is a team of highly motivated individuals who share great passion for what they do and for Uber.
Back to top