Sr HR Business Partner, Community Operations
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We're looking for an Senior HR Business Partner who will align business goals with employees and management for our internal teams. You are effectively a consultant to management on business issues, and a guide to managers and employees.
This role is all about collaborating on the people strategy of the Operations organization, and enriching the support structure for management. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to help create programs and processes from scratch.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Consult with managers and provide guidance and coaching when appropriate
- Partner with your clients to roll out all key people processes (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc).
- Be knowledgeable about our business
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, benchmarking, etc
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
What You'll Need
- Minimum 12 years of relevant HR experience; experience partnering with operations functions and/or exhempt employees is a plus
- Strong understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters.
- A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with global HR practices and policies
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence.
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities
- Must be able to travel, including short-term assignments based upon business requirements
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
About the Team
Our HR Business Partners work with our client groups to align people strategies with business goals and help drive the greatest business impact through people. We drive seamless execution of HR processes and programs, prepare the talent of today for the business needs of tomorrow, and champion our culture. HRBPs strive to find the most optimal, fair, and Uber solutions and opportunities to enable employees (and their teams) to grow and develop into amazing employees and managers. HRBPs are ultimately partners to the business, so we consult and help to guide you to a recommended solution.
Back to top