Sr Frontend Engineer - BOSS
We are looking for talented frontend engineers with a passion for UI to build out our user-facing front for our products in Business Operating System and Services (BOSS) team. The BOSS team operates at the critical intersection of product and infrastructure, building tools and platforms to accelerate the fastest-growing company in history.
Joining the BOSS team will give you the opportunity to make lasting impact at some of the highest leverage points in engineering. Combine building groundbreaking technology with the unique opportunity of joining at the early stage of the Uber Seattle Engineering’s office and this opportunity is too good to pass up!
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for team players who can work harder, faster, and smarter, while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities — varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size — with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app; we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics on a global scale.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Passion for user experience: Your ability to work closely with designers and build products and services that bring best experiences to our city teams in many markets.
- Fast learner: Eager to learn new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Fearless bias towards action: Speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way — and you’re comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Unquenchable thirst for growth: “Comfortable” is not a word in your vocabulary. You’re not just looking for the next interesting challenge, but instead looking to push yourself to see just how quickly you can grow when inserted into the middle of a hyper-growth environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- As an early member of our Seattle engineering team, you’ll shape the tone and culture Uber engineering in Seattle.
- heart of downtown Seattle, overlooking Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brainpower and passion to make it happen — and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top