Sr. Facilities Site Lead, Chicago
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Do you live and breath facilities management? Are you constantly looking for ways of streamlining processes? Do you love diving into the details and getting your hands dirty? If you answered yes to all of the above, this may be the opportunity that you've been waiting for! Uber is booming unlike any other company and Chicago is seeing a tremendous amount of growth. This role will be responsible for leading the Facilities functions at five of Uber's Chicago sites.
What you'll do
This position will be the lead site manager for five office locations in Chicago. You will work with vendors in security, food service, repairs and maintenance, IT/AV and general contractors. This person will be instrumental in keeping track of maintenance and service schedules, contract management, office space, seating capacity, expenses and day to day operations of the offices. You will also interact regularly with the Regional GM and his/her senior leadership, Site Leads, as well as the Workplace Regional Manager and your facility's landlord and/or property manager.
- Manage your facility's maintenance and repairs, facility expansions or improvements and day to day operations.
- Interview, hire and manage all vendors providing Workplace Related Services to ensure quality, value and right level of service.
- Oversee operating budget and track opex spend for all offices.
- Take care of any workplace and global technology needs within the office and act as the liaison for such teams with matters that need to be escalated to the Regional Manager or HQ.
- Be the point person for all facilities related activities in the offices assigned to you. You will make sure that your office operates effectively and helps make people more effective.
- Work with rest of the workplace team to make sure that our global teams feel connected and part of the same company. Think globally and execute locally!
What you'll need
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance, repairs, facility support.
- Background in day to day facility operations/office management and passion for customer service
- Simultaneously handled more than five projects and multiple vendors successfully
- Microsoft Office skills, i.e. Excel, Word plus Gmail, Google docs, Google calendar.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team; an intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 40 lbs. of office and facilities equipment.
- A passion for Uber!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top