Sr. Engineering Manager - Maps Research
Sensing, Inference and Research occupies a key strategic role: utilizing the rich array of sensors to extract semantic inferences and world knowledge to support Uber. Putting it another way: we are building Uber's sensory nervous system.
You will be leading the team responsible for adding a new sense to Uber's repertoire in addition to the existing GPS, inertial and wifi based sensing that the Sensing Inference and Research team already handles at scale.
Uber is experimenting with how computer vision at scale could help to improve our understanding of the cities we operate in. You will be managing the research team exploring the application of computer vision to key problems like: safety, using human driving at scale to improve autonomous driving, being aware of incidents and issues on the road (e.g. road closure, turn restrictions), and maintaining Uber's knowledge of the world (e.g. new roads).
- Experience in managing sizable research efforts (either in Industry or academe).
- Strong technical knowledge across the stack (mobile, backend, algorithms).
- A background in computer vision, machine learning or signal processing.
- PhD in computer vision, machine learning or signal processing.
Perks and Benefits:
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
- Employees receive Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top