Sr Engineering Manager - BOSS
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber Seattle Engineering is looking for an engineering leader to join our "BOSS" team.
If building products and platforms that dramatically move the needle on Uber's core business excites you, then the Business Operating System and Services (BOSS) team is the place for you! The BOSS team operates at the critical intersection of product and platform to accelerate the fastest-growing company in history.
Joining the BOSS team will give you the opportunity to make massive impact at some of the highest leverage points in engineering. Combine building groundbreaking technology with the unique opportunity of joining at the early stage of the Uber Seattle Engineering's office and this opportunity is too good to pass up!
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience. 5+ years experience developing software as an engineer, 10+ years experience managing engineering teams of ~50 people. Leading team in more than one location if preferred. Significant experience building insanely scalable, fault-tolerant, and robust products and platforms.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgement about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way — and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Engineering excellence. You have the technical strength and deep knowledge of the whole stack to give great architecture and implementation guidance to the teams who will count on your experience.
- Hiring prowess. You're a strong interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that what seems amazing one day becomes the norm the next day, and that each new hire should significantly improve the team.
- Mentorship. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Anchor in the storm. At a company as ambitious and aggressively growing as Uber, it gets exciting. You embrace the chaos. When things get hectic, you calm down.
- Commitment. Cities never sleep, and neither does Uber. You care tremendously about keeping the Uber experience consistent for users and strive to make any issues invisible to riders. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top