Sr Engineering Manager - BOSS
Uber Seattle Engineering is looking for an engineering leader to join our “BOSS” team.
If building products and platforms that dramatically move the needle on Uber’s core business excites you, then the Business Operating System and Services (BOSS) team is the place for you! The BOSS team operates at the critical intersection of product and platform to accelerate the fastest-growing company in history.
Joining the BOSS team will give you the opportunity to make massive impact at some of the highest leverage points in engineering. Combine building groundbreaking technology with the unique opportunity of joining at the early stage of the Uber Seattle Engineering’s office and this opportunity is too good to pass up!
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We’re looking for team players who can work harder, faster, and smarter, while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities — varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size — with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience. 5+ years experience developing software as an engineer, 10+ years experience managing engineering teams of ~50 people. Leading team in more than one location if preferred. Significant experience building insanely scalable, fault-tolerant, and robust products and platforms.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgement about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way — and you’re comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Engineering excellence. You have the technical strength and deep knowledge of the whole stack to give great architecture and implementation guidance to the teams who will count on your experience.
- Hiring prowess. You’re a strong interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that what seems amazing one day becomes the norm the next day, and that each new hire should significantly improve the team.
- Mentorship. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Anchor in the storm. At a company as ambitious and aggressively growing as Uber, it gets exciting. You embrace the chaos. When things get hectic, you calm down.
- Commitment. Cities never sleep, and neither does Uber. You care tremendously about keeping the Uber experience consistent for users and strive to make any issues invisible to riders. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team’s scope.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Work in the heart of downtown Seattle, overlooking Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains.
- Delicious lunches
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Unlimited vacation policy so you can work hard and take time when you need it
- Competitive salary
- Equity compensation plan
- Bonus plan
- Generous medical, dental and vision coverage to fit your needs
- Gym reimbursement
Help us make transportation so available and affordable that private ownership of automobiles becomes a relic of the past. Reinvent logistics to create a world where everything can be delivered on-demand. Don’t you want a job where you can move atoms, not just bits?
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top