Sr Database Administrator
Uber is looking for a senior Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) with expertise in Oracle R12 eBusiness Suite and Oracle application technology stack. As a team of DBA, you will be responsible for high-availability (99.9999 or better) of Uber’s financial systems. Typical tasks include scaling systems to projected growth, monitoring, building automations, designing the systems to be self-healing upon failures, code migrations, access audits, managing dev and test instances, collaborating with Uber security, infrastructure teams and conducting health checks, evaluating updates from system vendors and recommending uptakes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the DBA team to provide 24×7 coverage for financial systems availability, monitoring, issue resolution and recovery
- Work closely with FinTech engineers for code migrations, implementing new systems, services, and install any components of the oracle application tech-stack
- Monitor all production systems, respond to alerts that need immediate attention associated with security threats, storage, system overloads, etc . Identify and fix the root causes of the failures.
- Back-up, recovery, test/dev instance refresh as requested,
- Incrementally document all standard operating procedures
- Respond to queries related to financial systems from Internal Audits, Network, Safety & Security teams
- Installation, patching and upgrading of Financial Systems
- Where necessary, build automations around monitoring, migrations, auto-scaling and self-healing to ensure systems operate at high-level of availability with very little maintenance
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 10+ years experience as an Oracle E-Business Suite Application DBA including:
- 5+ years with Oracle R12.1.3
- R12 EBS Application Installation, patching and upgrading
- Experience with Exadata (Administration, patching, Tuning)
- Experience with Oracle EBS Financial Modules and helping troubleshoot forms errors, concurrent manager errors.
- Experience working in Multinode Architecture Environment with a Load Balancer.
- Experience in Linux Environments. Should have basic Linux administration skills.
- Working knowledge of Oracle RAC and ASM
- Application cloning using rapid clone
- Application backup and recovery experience
- Oracle Backup and recovery using RMAN
- Working knowledge of Application Patching, maintenance and diagnostic utilities
- Application and database auditing
- Working knowledge in Linux Shell Scripting
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience writing documentation
- Working knowledge of Oracle customer support, Product Support, Certification and product end of life policies.
- Experience in administering very large (30TB) Oracle data warehouse database on Exadata.
- Strong commitment to both linux, database and application security
- Oracle SQL Query Tuning
Bonus points if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment including the ability to work collaboratively with business users, IT staff and various levels of management; including experience working in an onshore/offshore model with different time zones
- Attention to detail and strong personal organizational skills and able to work in fast, paced, high volume environment. Proven history of successful problem solving with strong sense of ownership
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skill
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control (12c)
- Working knowledge of Oracle Performance tuning and diagnostic utilities
- Application Load balancing using HW load balancer (F5 BIG IP)
- MYSQL administration
- Tomcat installation, administration and tuning
- Basic understanding of Java
- Oracle Hyperion EPM
- Basic Functional Knowledge of Oracle EBS 12.1.3 for troubleshooting purposes
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top