Sr Customer Support Manager
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service implemented in the smartest, most efficient way.
We're looking for a Sr. Customer Support Manager , or Senior Community Operations Manager as it's known at Uber, to develop and lead support efforts for our Costa Rica Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes. You will be one of a few Senior Community Operations Managers reporting directly the Costa Rica COE site leader.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, delivering against KPI goals, and continuing process improvement with use of data analytics, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead, motivate, and develop Community Operations Managers within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs
- Set up career development plans, guide Community Operations Managers, and develop them into awesome people managers
- Set overall direction of operations functions at the COE, including full accountability for setting and achieving operational goals and strategic planning
- Integrate the efforts of teams across multiple shifts to deliver premier customer support and attain service level requirements
- Measure and evaluate COE processes and nurture continuous process improvement with eye towards customer obsession
- Identify root causes and implement changes to improve accuracy, productivity, and quality of your team's performance
- Design, develop, and lead project teams to improve operations functions
- Be a subject matter savvy in for the lines of business which you care for, and act as a key point of contact to internal stakeholders beyond the COE
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of professional experience in a high-volume and highly productive service-industry or customer support environment
- 5+ years of experience managing large teams and 3+ years of managing managers
- Proven ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project ownership
- Performance guidance of large teams, creating and implementing policy, mentoring and coaching, as well as stakeholder manager and communications about high visibility and time sensitive issues
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel proficiency
- Thorough attention to detail & project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills. Including public speaking and ability to present effectively in front of peers and senior leadership
- Thrive on change and operate flexibly. Willingness to work some weekends and occasional holidays to support a 24/7 operations environment
- Meaningful bias towards action
- Optimistic leadership: You have an enthusiastic attitude and are passionate about making magic for our Community. You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and highly productive environment
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies is highly advantageous.
- SQL proficiency
- Experience leading managers
- Knowledge of, or previous training in Crisis Management
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top