Sr Counsel Regulatory, Chile
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be the pioneer within the local business team in transition into handling in-house the Regulatory matters and also identifying and mitigating litigation, claims and settlements within Chile, as well as working closely with the Southern Cone Legal Director in identifying and mitigating potential regulatory and litigation issues.
- Consistently review and analyze regulatory opportunities and framework to implement our business strategy in terms of expansion under regulatory basis giving support to operations teams
- Analyze and mitigate legal risks for Uber nationally and eventually regionally supporting to other LatAm legal areas (i.e. Regulatory, Transactions, Labor & Employment, Tax, Real Estate, etc).
- Coordinate local outside counsels to efficiently work on and resolve lawsuits, claims and other potential disputes and matters.
- Identify risks in terms of regulations that could impact our business and consistently maintain aware national teams about them.
- Be an active legal partner to internal business group providing daily legal advice.
- Provide any additional legal support that may be required from the Southern Cone Legal Director.
WHAT YOU ARE
- Chilean lawyer with 6 to 8 years of Regulatory, litigation (civil and administrative) and legal managing experience and expertise at a law firm or multinational company. Experience in handling competition and consumer protection claims and lawsuits, is a plus.
- Postgraduate studies in areas related to the position.
- Experience in crisis management and handling.
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Interest in expanding scope of your practice to other areas of law as part of a growing legal team.
- You communicate effectively; work independently; are effective; when you see an issue that needs addressing, your instinct is to jump in and address it.
- You have high standards, impeccable integrity.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top