Sr. Counsel, Insurance
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Insurance for drivers and riders is a critical part of our business, and we are constantly innovating in this area. The Uber Legal Team is currently searching for an Insurance Counsel, with expertise in the insurance industry and experience managing robust insurance defense litigation. You will report to a Senior Insurance Counsel, and be based at the hub for Uber's Central Region in Chicago, Illinois. Are you ready to Uber on?!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with the Senior Insurance Counsel on insurance matters for Uber and its entities around the world.
- Assist in the management of outside counsel on insurance defense matters with a regionalized focus.
- Analyze claims/litigation to effectively participate in decisions related to resolution strategy.
- Draft and review policy language for emerging products.
- Support new insurance initiatives.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- 8+ years of insurance company or law firm experience involving Property and Casualty Insurance, in-house experience strongly preferred, with the know-how to manage a case through pleadings, motion practice, discovery, dispute resolution and trial.
- Solid case evaluation abilities, critical thinking skills and the capacity to oversee a large portfolio of matters.
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school.
- Joint JD/MBA holders preferred.
- Member of the bar of at least one state.
- Possess excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
- Travel like a diplomat. Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity within a growing team to shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare ability to change the world. Uber is not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets to reinvent transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Work hard and take time when you need it!
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top