Sr. Content Strategist, Uber.com
Uber has made more than 500 cities around the world more liveable by building better transportation solutions and providing greater economic opportunity. But this is only the beginning, and we’re looking for top strategic talent to craft user experiences that move people every day.
As a Content Strategist on the Uber.com team, you’ll shape marketing and product experiences by creating clear, meaningful strategy and content that helps our users effortlessly learn more about us and complete the task at hand. You’ll work alongside researchers, prototypers, designers, engineers, and product managers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, highly collaborative environment. We are deeply user-centric and the challenges we tackle require bold ideas, creative problem solving, obsession with pursuing perfection, and fearlessness and optimism in the face of uncertainty.
What you’ll do:
- Help set and drive the vision for cohesive product strategy and narratives across multiple digital platforms and sites, touchpoints, and audiences (riders, drivers, B2B, broader product families).
- Define and impact user models, flows, information architecture, and taxonomies for new and existing sites in order to deliver user-focused experiences. Document standards in frameworks, wireframes, and guidelines.
- Work closely with researchers to ask the right questions and brainstorm solutions with a strong sense of initiative and follow-through. Take ownership of the deliverables and the words.
- Partner with the SEO team to align SEO strategy and optimization within the global web content strategy.
- Partner with our Product and Legal teams for copy reviews and to establish guidelines, and with our Brand team to align and strengthen voice and tone.
- Advocate for writing and design that supports the content and the user across the organization.
Why you’d be a good fit:
You’re a pro in understanding user needs and meeting them. You’ve contributed to product experiences to make them more intuitive, useful, and delightful. You’ve created great user-focused content strategies for different customer segments. You’ve determined nomenclature for navigation systems, clear headings and CTAs that simplify task flows. You have a deep understanding of UX and how copy and interaction design support one another, and know when something needs words just as much as when it doesn’t.
Your writing means business. Your approach is rooted in bottom-line thinking, using analytics, research, and data to guide creative decisions and support arguments. You are able to drive research needs, align to existing research and oversee research efforts. You use content to meet core business objectives and are able to articulate and substantiate your decisions to peers and senior-level executives alike.
You iterate quickly and respect deadlines. When it’s time to get locked in, you know how to move at supersonic speed without compromising quality. You know that rapid iteration and testing are part of the process and necessary for designing outstanding user experiences.
You design with words. You play equal parts strategist, editor, designer, researcher, and scientist—using empathy, logic, and hard data to develop messaging hierarchies that communicate exactly the right thing to the right person at the right time.
Your curiosity is contagious. You see words as a powerful tool for connecting to people, and seek to understand who our users by asking the right questions, anticipating needs, and drawing insights from behaviors. You feel a strong sense of ownership and responsibility not just for your deliverables, but to solve problems for people through the lens of language.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top