Sr Community Operations Manager, COE, Krakow
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners- our community - is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
We're looking for a Senior Community Operations Manager to develop and lead support efforts for our support operations centre in Krakow, Poland. Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe. This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, leading leaders, data analytics, and process continuous improvement. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate these skills and be eager to lead.
Who you are
- A lover of process and optimization. You will be completely transforming support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- Data-driven and analytical in mind-set. You can look at any spread-sheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. You can manipulate an Excel sheet like nobody's business. Bonus points if you have SQL, coding, or programming experience.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be an excellent advocate for Uber's users and are passionate about the community experience.
- Collected and calm under pressure. You have superb organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Open and curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Word-savvy. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to riders or drivers, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to support issues over email.
- A skilled leader. As a manager overseeing the management team, you'll have tremendous impact on the overall culture. You are passionate about guiding and developing teams to perform at the highest levels while maintaining an enjoyable and passionate atmosphere.
What you'll do
- You'll be tasked with scaling support in an innovative way at a company that's growing at an amazing speed and changing constantly
- Lead a team of Community Operations Manager and forefront support representatives to provide world-class support to our community of users.
- Transform our current support systems into something that drives immense value for the company
- Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven process improvements.
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners and answer any questions that come your way in a high stress, fast moving environment.
- Work with our engineering and process teams to improve internal tools and user experience
- Listen attentively to the voice of Uber's community and provide feedback to the rest of the company.
- Pilot and own new initiatives and support-driven projects to continuously improve the level of support we provide
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields
- People management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide your teams through challenging managerial situations
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel proficiency
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in high-volume or super dynamic work environment
- Consulting or Investment Banking background preferred but not required
- Previous managerial or project lead experience
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to top