Sr Community Operations Manager - Cairo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners-our community-is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. We're looking for a Senior Community Operations Manager to develop and lead support efforts for our new support operations center. Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe. This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, leading leaders, data analytics, and process continuous improvement. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate these skills and be eager to lead.
Who you are
- A lover of process and optimization. You will be completely transforming support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. You can manipulate an Excel sheet like nobody's business. Bonus points if you have SQL, coding, or programming experience.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be an excellent advocate for Uber's users and are passionate about the community experience.
- Collected and calm under pressure. You have superb organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Open and curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Word-savvy. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to riders or drivers, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to support issues over email.
- A skilled leader. As a manager overseeing the management team, you'll have tremendous impact on the overall culture. You are passionate about guiding and developing teams to perform at the highest levels while maintaining an enjoyable and passionate atmosphere.
What you'll do
- You'll be tasked with scaling support in an innovative way at a company that's growing at an amazing speed and changing constantly. You're prepared to:
- Lead a team of Community Operations Manager and forefront support representatives to provide world-class support to our community of users.
- Transform our current support systems into something that drives immense value for the company
- Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven process improvements.
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners and answer any questions that come your way in a high stress, fast moving environment.
- Work with our engineering and process teams to improve internal tools and user experience
- Listen attentively to the voice of Uber's community and provide feedback to the rest of the company.
- Pilot and own new initiatives and support-driven projects to continuously improve the level of support we provide
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields
- People management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide your teams through challenging managerial situations
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel proficiency
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in high-volume or super dynamic work environment
- Consulting or Investment Banking background preferred but not required
- Previous managerial or project lead experience
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in an exciting office environment
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top