Sr Business Intelligence Analyst
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As a Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst, you will hold a highly visible analytical role that requires interaction and partnership with leaders across the businesses. You will be responsible to conceptualize, design, and produce visually compelling business intelligence (BI) reporting solutions (reports, dashboards, cubes, interfaces, etc.) using reporting tools, applications, and queries or scripts through the use of reporting and visualization techniques.
The successful candidate will be an expert with analyzing large data sets, enjoys diving deep into data analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. Additionally, the candidate should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences. This is a highly impactful and autonomous role with goals that directly impact the bottom line of the business.
The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. You will be a key point of contact for analyzing and explaining the performance and efficiency metrics, building leaders' trust in our systems and identifying where better decisions can serve our customers better. In addition to providing valuable insight into our customers, this person will work extensively with product management teams, marketing teams, technical teams, finance, and operations to help grow the business. You will be responsible for consolidating models from cross functional teams and reduce redundancy in work.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Design and develop metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business and product decisions. improve performance and reduce costs.
- Conduct deep-diving data analysis for business insights and recommendation
- Collaborate with software engineers to implement the data architecture and design
- Combine knowledge of statistical methodology and analysis with programming skills to support complex analyses
- Detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle and/or agile development environment with emphasis on BI practices
- Solid understanding of source data, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics and formats; solid knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related technical field
- 5+ years of years of relevant professional work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, market research or related field
- 5+ years of Experience with BI tools and visualization like Tableau
- Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
- Experience using SQL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, big data, complex datasets
- Experience identifying and communicating analytical outcomes in person and in writing to both business and technical teams
- Experience with statistical modeling and analyzing large data sets
Bonus Points If
- Experience with BI and visualization tools (Tableau, QlikVIew, Birst, Micro-Strategies, WebFocus, Cognos, etc.)
- Experience in BI projects converting business needs to data warehousing and reporting solutions
- Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, marketing, finance, and operations
- Experience writing ETL scripts in python or any other language.
About the team
The AdTech team helps Uber spend our global marketing budget to maximize impact on our business. The Adtech team has an exciting opportunity to build a premier marketing platform.
Back to top