Sr. AV Engineer
Urban transportation has looked the same for a long time – a really long time. We think it’s time for change. At Uber, we’re putting first-class, on-demand transportation at everyone’s fingertips. Are you ready to help us change the world?
Uber’s AV engineering department is responsible for running our global corporate AV architecture. From mixing Audio and Video live to end-point management, we do it all and we do it all over the world. A year ago Uber was operating in 60 cities and 21 countries – today we are in over 250 cities in 50 countries.
- Provide escalation support and triage of various audio visual video and teleconference equipment and provide user training of same
- Provide onsite user support and training of various onsite audio visual equipment implementations used for meetings to facilitate internal employee and external public facing messaging and collaboration
- Oversee and provide as defined daily onsite testing and commissioning of existing installations along with new AV construction efforts and retrofit activities
- Work with consultants and trade contractors on varied Audio Visual project implementations
- Min 5 years relevant Audio Visual Engineering involving common videoconference room display, audio, control and their respective management systems
- Min 3 years relevant Project Management experience in related fields
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Possess high aptitude to interpret Construction and AV schematic drawings
- Able to work independently in the fast moving and challenging environment
- Working knowledge of in room acoustic and lighting standards conducive to quality meeting room experience
- Direct experience preferred providing event support services for typical events in the roles of stage hand, stage manager, front of house, A1, A2, L1, L2, switch, graphics, cam op
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top