Sr. AV Engineer
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber's AV engineering department is responsible for running our global corporate AV architecture. From mixing Audio and Video live to end-point management, we do it all and we do it all over the world. A year ago Uber was operating in 60 cities and 21 countries – today we are in over 250 cities in 50 countries.
What you'll be doing
- Provide escalation support and triage of various audio visual video and teleconference equipment and provide user training
- Provide onsite user support and training of various onsite audio visual equipment implementations used for meetings to facilitate internal employee and external public facing messaging and collaboration
- Lead and provide as defined daily onsite testing and commissioning of existing installations along with new AV construction efforts and retrofit activities
- Work with consultants and trade contractors on varied Audio Visual project implementations
What we're looking for
- At least 5 years of experience in Audio Visual Engineering involving common videoconference room display, audio, control and their respective management systems
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience in related fields
- Possess high aptitude to interpret Construction and AV schematic drawings
- Working knowledge of in room acoustic and lighting standards conducive to quality meeting room experience
- Direct experience preferred providing event support services for typical events in the roles of stage hand, stage manager, front of house, A1, A2, L1, L2, switch, graphics, cam op
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top