Sr Admin Assistant
Our administrative partners are the glue that keeps our functional teams together and the driving force that keeps Uber moving. As we continue to grow our global presence, we are looking for amazing Senior Administrative Assistants to support our fearless senior leaders in functional groups such as: business development, supply growth, engineering, operations, and finance.
Do you have the knack to anticipate the needs of the team and can effectively resolve admin and operational issues before they even arise? If so, see the day-to-day functions below and apply!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee calendar including adding, canceling and editing meeting requests, as well as ensuring timing and logistical details are in place.
- Calendar gatekeeping inclusive of vetting, prioritizing and providing recommendations.
- Plan and coordinate external facing meetings, which may include cross functional teams and outside vendors
- Ensure managers are prepared for all meetings and has all necessary stationery and supplies for the day
- Receive and direct external visitors
- Establish and administer a process for tracking team budget including coordination with FP&A
- Research and compile briefing documents in preparation for meetings and interviews
- Help execute space planning directive from Executive Administrator
- Maintains an efficient flow of information between all levels including internal and external contacts on a wide spectrum of plans and priorities
- Reviews, proofreads, and formats all correspondence to ensure accuracy and completeness, as well as consistency
- May attend staff meetings, take notes and follow-up on outstanding agenda items
- Maintains and tracks manager and teams project list and goals.
- Assist in document management, compilation, distribution and storage
- Provide coverage for other Sr administrative assistants and EA’s
- Sounding board, confidant and conduit to keep the executive well informed and help facilitate his decision making
- Under manager’s guidance, communicate on their behalf by email, text, or chat
- Identify issues for escalation and keep in constant communication with others to ensure exec is well informed.
- Total travel coordination including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, visas and other travel documentation
- Travel safety coordination and administration
- Assist team with budgets, invoices, and resolving any AP or AR issues
- Compile receipts to file expense reports and track reimbursement status
- Plan and coordinate team all-hands meetings, internal events, offsites, and all logistical and budget requirements related the above
- Team expert and go to person for general requests and questions and keeper of all team resources
- Assist managers with team building and culture and serve as the barometer for team morale
- Initiate administrative processes for efficiency and draft team playbooks and procedures
- Partner with Facilities, IT and Security to resolve any logistical issues and assist in every way possible to ensure tasks are completed
- Assist the full life cycle of recruiting including booking interviews, liaising between the hiring team and the candidate, and coordinating onboarding of new hires
- Available and responsive to the global nature of the business
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BA / BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of senior team level support experience.
- Attention to Detail. Being right the first time matters a lot to us.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners.
- Work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Superior organizational skills and great follow through on tasks.
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in learning by helping.
- Hustle. The company depends on us to deliver quickly, across time zones, in multiple languages, and from locations all over the world. We need somebody not to keep the trains running on time, but to speed them up.
- Attitude. We work awfully hard and we’re having a blast doing it. This team believes what we’re doing is changing the world for the better, and we play to win.
- An interest in and passion for Uber.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top