Sr Accounting and Compliance Specialist
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
- Manage entities assigned end to end accounting and compliance from a local statutory and Tax.
- To support the India Region Accounting and Compliance Manager and Tax team to develop/review and implement policies, standards and guidelines relating to India statutory as per India Companies Act and tax compliance as per Income Tax Act and GST (Annual Corporate Income Tax, GST, WHT, Provisional Income Tax)
- Work with HQ and account managers to ensure the timely & accurate posting and reconciliation of the general ledger for each entity.
- Manage the GAAP accounting to statutory accounting based on IGAAP or IND-AS on Monthly/Quarter basis.
- Provide data and work closely with Tax reporting team on the quarterly tax provisions.
- Recommend changes in accounting systems and procedures to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Work with the India region Accounting & Compliance Manager to implement and monitor controls around financial close and reporting process, in compliance with corporate policies, SOX, India Companies Act - ICFR.
- Lead Statutory and Tax audits. Prepare Financial statements and schedules.
- Maintain a project plan and calendar for all compliance deadlines in conjunction with our external compliance partners to ensure adherence to all statutory, tax, and other regulatory deadlines.
- Assist and interact with the external tax and accounting partners to ensure that local timelines are met.
- Participate / Lead compliance calls with the regional team and work closely with the HQ accounting and tax team to support all compliance activities.
- Engage with our compliance partner to ensure our business operating model and processes are understood in relation to local regulations and requirements.
- Work closely with the India region Accounting & Compliance Manager to provide status on all compliance deadlines on a monthly or as needed basis to key stakeholders. Communicate with key stakeholders to keep everyone updated on developments.
- Help manage service level with external statutory and Tax compliance partners, develop new ideas and processes to increase efficiency.
- Work with India region Accounting & Compliance Manager to monitor and manage compliance partners fees
- Act as Subject Matter Expert, and be the key contact for projects / initiatives affecting Global Financial Close & Reporting
- Degree in Accounting/Finance from an accredited college.
- Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountant
- 6-8 years of accounting and compliance related experience. Preferable 3 Years in Big 4 – Tier 1 accounting and audit firm.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices, including GAAP and statutory accounting
- Knowledge of India GST – Highly preferable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in spreadsheet applications
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top