Special Projects Manager | Chicago
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we’re looking for a Special Projects Manager (you!) to develop and lead various support efforts within our Chicago Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community’s toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
As a partner to our COEs, you will project manage large initiatives critical to improving operational performance and productivity of agents. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong project management skills, analytical prowess, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What you’ll be doing:
- Project management of strategic initiatives and special projects related to the COE
- Drive analysis and research to identify insights and opportunities for growth and efficiency
- Measure and evaluate COE processes and drive continuous process improvement with eye towards customer obsession
- Collaborate with peers across the global COE network to share best practices on strategy execution
- Work with Site Analytics & Reporting team as well as Operations Specialists to understand the “Why?” in addition to the “What?” behind Uber’s biggest customer support challenges and develop initiatives to address those challenges
- Summarize findings and deliver key results to senior leadership at the COE
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of investment banking / consulting / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Project management experience
- Flexibility – You have the ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
- Employees receive monthly Uber credits
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you build. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style. If you think this is you, we’d love to connect.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top