Sourcer - Jakarta
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
We need help building our teams on a national/international level. If you’re ready to work your arse off sourcing and hiring top talent worldwide, this may be the gig for you. If you post and pray, probably walk away now.
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about bringing on the smartest folks, maintaining our culture as we grow crazy fast and putting process in place to keep it moving.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be tasked with supporting our hiring managers, building rad teams and partnering with our existing shop. You’ll also:
- Source and hire top talent nationwide.
- Be knowledgeable about our business and why people should work here.
- Spread the UberLOVE through attending networking events, e-meetups, etc.
- Work closely with our US team to improve upon existing programs and develop innovative strategy around finding top talent.
- Keep ‘em warm! Manage the existing pipeline of candidates and identify what future opportunities they may be a fit for.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Both in-house and agency experience is preferred (with available metrics to back up how great you are).
- Degreed or equivalent work experience.
- Technical Savvy.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily… thousands of Uber applicants each month? No prob!
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Obsessive about candidate experience. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You’re respectful of the candidate and the stressful process a job hunt can be.
- Fun. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top