Software Engineer - Vehicle Reliability
At ATG, we are visionary, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world.
As a VRE you will be 1) developing tools and service to collect, organize, analyze and present vehicle status information, 2) troubleshooting and diagnosing vehicle issues in collaboration with hardware and software teams, and 3) automating vehicle support operations to keep the fleet on the road.
What you'll do
- Develop innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software
- Collaborate with amazing teams of highly-skilled people all taking on the challenges of autonomous vehicles
- Troubleshoot and diagnose observed problems and and implement improvements
- Brainstorm ways to make the autonomous vehicles more robust and reliable
- Create tools to automate operations support and keep the fleet running
What you'll need
- Coding skills. Ability to comfortably read and develop production quality software with C++ and Python in a Linux environment.
- Can-do attitude. Think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. Thrive on the belief that quality doesn't have to be compromised to achieve speed - you can have both at the same time.
- Team player mentality. Believe you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Self starter ability. Have a desire to take the initiative and provide leadership with composure. Enjoy getting into the details, building things, resolving problems, and drawing out the best in others.
- Passion. Feel ownership over everything you develop and ship. Pride yourself on efficient monitoring, excellent documentation, and proper test coverage.
- Familiarity with sensing equipment, such as LIDAR, radar, or cameras, is a plus.
- Experience with ROS, robotics systems, or autonomous vehicles is a plus.
About the Team
The Vehicle Reliability Engineering (VRE) Team at Uber ATG develops tools and services to ensure a high operational readiness of the fleet of self-driving vehicles. Keeping the fleet rolling allows the organization to sustain a rapid cadence on autonomous vehicle development.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top