Software Engineer - Vehicle Command
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
Vehicle Command Software Engineers at Uber ATG are responsible for providing production-reliable tools and systems which tell our vehicles where to go, when to go, and how to get there. They solve problems of routing and schedule optimization to help us launch new cities and move people and goods as efficiently as possible.
What you'll do
If the intersection of graph theory, operations research and self driving vehicles is your jam, this role will give you the opportunity to:
- See your development of production-level executive and routing systems have immediate impact on our fleets of real autonomous vehicles driving in the world today.
- Get hands-on experience working with self-driving vehicles - interacting and shaping robotic technology!
- Develop innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software.
- Collaborate with an amazing team of highly skilled group of people all tackling challenges of autonomous vehicles
What you'll need
- Strong background in graph theory, operations research or other approaches to vehicle routing: you delight in planning how vehicles should move throughout the world.
- Excellent software engineering skills: you are comfortable reading and developing production quality C++ software in a Linux environment.
- Excellent system design skills: you are able to keep broad cross-system issues in mind and and produce designs which not only meet your immediate needs, but also integrate cleanly with an entire software stack.
- Fast Learner: you thrive on learning new technologies and creating innovative solutions on a collaborative team.
- Team Player: you believe that you can achieve more on a team. You support and encourage your teammates to excel. You rely on others' feedback for continuous improvement.
- Self Starter: you have a desire to take initiative and provide leadership with composure. You enjoy getting into the details, resolving problems, building things, and drawing out the best in others. You are a motivator.
- Analytics: you have an ability to analyze test results to prove your solutions and build, use and configure automated reporting systems to ensure those systems' reliability.
Bonus points if you have
- Proficiency with Machine Learning systems
- General Experience with Autonomy and Robotics
- Proficiency with Python
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual or
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top