Software Engineer - University New Grad
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for fantastic new engineers who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and pumped to build systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
As a full time software engineer, you’ll have a direct impact on the customer experience for both riders and drivers. Do you like our service and want to bring them to the next level? Do you have a beef with our app and want to fix it? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the transportation industry across the world. Not just another social web app: we are moving real assets and real people around their cities.
Locations available: Seattle, WA, San Francisco, CA, New York, NY
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline graduating by August 2017
- Demonstrated software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, coding competitions, and/or publications
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly reimbursement of cell phone and gym membership.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top